Social Media Volunteer Vacancy
Do you just love social media? Do you know your Tweets from your Posts? And do ## make your day?
If so, we need your help!
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic volunteer to help our busy Fundraising and Communications Manager to raise our profile by ‘shining the social media spotlight’ on the fantastic work we do.
- A keen interest in social media, recognising its potential to raise a charity’s profile and share information
- Experience of managing a Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account.
- Ideas for how to ‘grow’ Dingley’s Promise’s social media presence
- Ability to spot a ‘great story’ and tell it creatively
- Confidence in IT and the ability to add items to our website. Even better, if you knew about SEO!
- Access to a computer and the internet at home
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work to instruction
- Ability to commit to around 30 minutes a day or two hours once a week. Time to suit applicant.
- Ability to participate in a half hour telephone call or F2F discussion once a week. Time/day to be agreed
- Interest in the voluntary sector and/or disability issues
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
You’ll be supervised and supported by our Fundraising and Communications Manager, with opportunities to liaise with and meet other staff and volunteers. A 30 minute weekly call or meeting will be organised for you to ask questions, agree actions, etc with her.
You will work from Dingley’s Promise’s social media calendar and it is hoped you will feel able to contribute to its development over time.
We pay travel expenses of 45p per mile.
How to apply
If this volunteer role sounds of interest, please email email@example.com with why you want to volunteer, what you bring to the role and what you hope to gain.
Thank you for your interest.